It’s not uncommon to go in for a check-up for a pap smear in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and find that the results are abnormal. Though this is unexpected and often an immediate cause of worry and stress, we’re here to let you know it’s more normal than you think. Keep reading to learn more!
Usually, when test results after a pap smear come back abnormal, it is because of a cell irregularity that your doctor has found. This could be due to:
- Poor pre-Pap Smear Care – meaning you didn’t follow the proper recommendations propr to going in for your pap-smear.
- You have a bacterial infection or a yeast infection. In which case, both of these are common and can be quickly treated with medication prescribed by your OB/GYN in Fort Lauderdale.
- You have contracted HPV or some other form of Sexually Transmitted Disease or Infection.
- Cervical Dysplasia which is the abnormal growth of cells on your cervix. If this is what caused you abnormal pap-smear your OB/GYN will let you know the best way to treat it. This will help you avoid further complications caused by cervical dysplasia.
Though these are just some of the factors that can cause abnormal pap smear test results, they are the most common.
Most women will experience at least one abnormal pap smear so it’s nothing you have to worry about as long as you take the necessary steps recommended by your OB/GYN. Each year, less than 1% of women will be diagnosed with cervical cancer so even if test results come back abnormal, risks for cancer are low.
ALL FEMALE HEALTH CARE CAN HELP
Here at All Female Health Care, we offer a variety of services to women throughout South Florida.
Not only can we assist with your pap smear and any abnormal pap smear results, but we can also help with the following gynecological services:
- Oral contraceptive pills and patches
- Nuva Ring
- IUC insertion and removal
- Diaphragm and cervical cap fitting
- Depo Provera Injection
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Colposcopy and biopsy
- Premenopausal, perimenopausal, and post-menopausal check-ups
- Lower abdominal pain
- Irregular periods
- Pregnancy tests
- Acute urinary tract infections
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Endometrial biopsy
We also offer the following Obstetrical Services in South Florida:
- Pregnancy Confirmation
- Prenatal care
- Postnatal care (post-partum exam)
- You will deliver by a board-certified OB/GYN
CONTACT ALL FEMALE HEALTH CARE TODAY
To learn more about how we can help you give us a call at 954-742-3536. Our team of medical professionals is here to help you!