At All Female Health Care in Fort Lauderdale, FL, we make it our goal to keep our patients well informed about their health and the potential health risks that could occur if they do not visit a gynecologist. With an annual exam your gynecologist in Fort Lauderdale will perform a pelvic exam (depending on your age), pap smear, and a breast exam. All of these are tests performed to make sure that everything is running well under the hood.
- When your gynecologist performs your pelvic exam they are checking for any irritations, redness, sores, and soreness that you may have overlooked yourself. These could be signs of potential infections or abnormalities that could be signs of possible cancers.
- Internal exams include your gynecologist allows them to see the inside you’re your vaginal walls and deeper into your cervix. Looking for any abnormalities or swelling are sure ways to make sure your body is in good shape.
- Pap smears allows your gynecologist to get a sample from your cervix so they can test it later. Though it may be uncomfortable, the best way to get through it is to relax so they can get it and out.
- Bimanual exams when your gynecologist is feeling on your lower abdomen. While she is performing this exam she is checking the size and shape of your uterus and ovaries and ensuring there is no tenderness or irregularities.
- Breast exams are necessary to ensure that there are not any odd bumps or lumps in the breast. If there is anything there that is not supposed to be, your gynecologist in Fort Lauderdale, FL will do more exams to make sure it is not cancerous or dangerous to your health.
Once your gynecologist has finished your pelvic exam, there is time for them to tell you what they felt and saw and what it all means. Communicating effectively with our patients is vital to our business. Whether you are continuing to stay healthy or there are other routes you must take to get back on the best track, your gynecologist in Fort Lauderdale will advise you in the best route. Ignoring your reproductive health is detrimental to your health as a whole. Contact our offices at (954) 742-3536 to schedule an appointment with one of the best gynecologists in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Your health will be one thing you can be certain about. Why wait?